Valentine's Day 2016

Valentine's Day 2016

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 27

Today was a big day: no swaddles at naps and implementing CIO.

If you're asking how I'm doing, it's hard.  It is not something I wanted to do by myself.  I wanted someone to be here with me to listen to her cry.  Misery loves company.  Carter was very ready to start.  After breaking out of her swaddle time after time, we figured it's time to unswaddle and see what happens. Today her first nap, normally 8-10 was nonexistent.  I think she slept for 30 minutes. Not fun.  

The second nap, 12-2 was SO MUCH BETTER.  Since she really didn't nap at all during the first nap, she was pooped.  She played for a little bit, it was cute to hear her talking and playing.  Carter later made it to her tummy and settled right in.  I woke her up at 2:30 and it took some doing.  She was so tired.  

The experts say that babies need to sleep on their back and that's exactly how she starts out, on her back.  Very shortly after laying her down she flips over onto her tummy. She was precious laying on her tummy, just drooling away.
Please pray for us throughout this week.  If everything goes well, she should be a great napper by next week. :) At least, when she wakes up, she'll be able to put herself back to sleep.

No comments: