Valentine's Day 2016

Valentine's Day 2016

Friday, September 20, 2013

Day 5 Part 1

I don't think my heart rate has slowed down yet.  Last night out oldest took a major spill onto our concrete floor, face first.  With some huge tears and heavy sobs, we discovered that Miss Crosby broke her top front tooth.  :(  We got a number of a children's dentist from a friend who had a similar experience earlier this summer.

The dentist called us back very quickly and asked for some details including wanting to see pictures of the break. She wanted to tell us our possible options, two of which were putting her under.  She said she would know more after a couple x-rays.  We had an appointment for 8 am.  Seeing as this would be Crosby's first experience at a dentist, they wouldn't do anything major until a follow up visit.

Crosby calmed down fairly quickly.  She wanted to be held, but other than that she wanted to eat dinner as normal.  We took that as a good sign.  She is so strong and brave.  Thank you for all that were praying for her and us!

Crosby slept all night (Praise God!!), Carter on the other hand was a different story. That little wiggle worm can get out of the best of swaddles.  I was up at 5:30, time to start my day.  Tim took a 1/2 day to come with us to the dentist.  We dropped Carter off with Miss Grace and Miss Becca to sleep while we took Crosby to the dentist.

She loved this chair!
While she patiently waited her turn Crosby played in the waiting room.  She love the bean bag chair they had.  Good thing the only other child that was waiting was a baby, it didn't look like Crosby was up for sharing.  They called her name and we walked to the x-ray station.  Crosby sat on daddy's lap while the dental assistant took two x-rays of her mouth.  She sat there like a big girl, like a champ.
Daddy and Crosby getting x-rays taken.  Brave Girl!
Next we were off to the exam room.  There were toys and puzzles on the floor, it helped keep her busy.  The dentist came in and told us what she was going to do with Crosby today.  She told us what we could expect and what typically happens.  Crosby bravely climbed up onto the giant purple exam chair.  There was a TV on the ceiling, which may have helped.  They gave her a glove to play and mommy gave her a finger to hold.

The doctor basically put on a band-aid as she called it.  She put on protective layer over the exposed tooth.  Crosby sat so still, followed directions, and was a fantastic patient.  The dentist said it was a good break and it happens often, both of which didn't make me feel any better.  However, she said that things look good.  We need to make sure it stays clean and watch for any abscesses (which will be Tim's department) and she'll see us back for a follow up in 10 days.  Then again after that in a month, then 3 months, 6 months, etc.

As of right now we are leaving it was is, broken and jagged until further notice.  They do not want to pull a baby tooth until 2 years prior to them loosing them if at all possible.  A cap would require them to sedate her, which I'm not to crazy about.  So, we'll see what happens next.

I know we were covered in prayer.  She did amazing, the dentist even said so.  She earned a sticker (for rocking the x-ray part) and two tokens to spend on prize machines.  Her first pick was a mustache (no joke) and her second pick was a mega bouncy ball.

Her follow up appointment is on October 2nd, please continue to lift her up in your prayers.  Pray for no abscessing, the swelling to go down, and for the pain to be alleviated.

No comments: