Valentine's Day 2016

Valentine's Day 2016

Thursday, November 3, 2011

#TeamChin takes the fight to the streets...

Re-posted from Coachwhite.org

On October 11th, 2011 my little sister, Leanne, was diagnosed with breast cancer. I haven't said much here about her her battle with breast cancer. (I can barely type the words) I put a link in my sidebar and re-posted a poem she wrote about. She also happens to be pregnant with her 1st child whom they know will be a baby boy. The medicine has come a long way from 10 years ago and both she and the baby will beat this and be stronger for it in the future. This has been very hard for her because it came out the blue(baby boy reference:)) and it came fast. Cancer is more aggressive in younger people. When we found out we immediately went to Minnesota to be with the family and with her before her initial Dr. visits. She was in good spirits with the two babies around and the whole family, but underneath it all we were all stunned and in shock. She has battled through so much and now this. We prayed and have been praying ever since. If there is anyone strong enough to be a mom and beat bc(can't type it anymore) it's her. We all admire her so much for her strength, toughness, and stubbornness(hey, it will come in very handy here!)

Today I got a package from #teamchin headquarters in Muscatine, IA. We had rubber wristbands made with her favorite bible verse:

Philippians 4:13: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

I left Crosby alone with the bracelets (to get her bottle ready) and look what she did for her Auntie:


Truer words have never been put on rubber bracelets:

If you would like a bracelet, the TX annex of #teamchin headquarters has a bunch. All proceeds will go to Leanne and Ryan their fight. The nickname "Chin" comes from a restaurant in Minnesota, named Leann-Chin. I am pretty sure it was bestowed upon her the 1st or 2nd time she stepped on a basketball court and it stuck :)

You can contact me at via twitter @coachwhite27 or facebook danielle or reply in the comments. to find out how to get some.

No comments: